About Me Blogpost

 Hello, my name is Emily Jimerson. This is my first year studying Journalism at Linn-Benton Community College. I decided to take Intro to Photojournalism because I’ve recently become interested in photography and I’ve been experimenting with different areas of it these past few months. This past July I went to a one week event in Tennessee called Media Camp, where I got to be a photographer on a creative team and take photos for a fictitious shoe brand called Sole Stride. That week I had the opportunity to learn a bit about lighting, color, and the different settings on a camera as I found creative ways to showcase a variety of shoe brands. It was a great learning experience and I’m excited to get more practice in photography this term. 

A few fun facts about myself include: I love reading and writing, listening to music, playing soccer and video games, and playing with my dog, Riley. My current favorite author is Brigid Kemmerer, who wrote books such as Letters to the Lost and Call It What You Want. One of my favorite video games is called Road 96, which is more of a story-based indie game. I really enjoy games that tell a good story and I think it would be awesome if I could write the dialogue or storyline for a video game one day. I’m not sure what the future holds for me, but I hope to have some kind of career in writing, whether that be as a journalist, editor, video game writer, or something else. 

My first goal for this class is to try new things when it comes to photography, such as taking photos in a variety of settings and experimenting more with color theory. Second, I hope to push myself out of my comfort zone by not being afraid to take photos in public places and meet new people. My last goal is to come out of this class knowing a lot more about photography than I did before, and having more confidence in my skills and work. 

Here are three photos I took around the Linn-Benton campus in Albany to showcase the first week of school:


Three students walking past the Roast Runners Cafe on the Linn-Benton Albany campus.


A student studying in the LBCC courtyard.


A view of the North Santiam Hall on the Albany campus.


Comments

Popular Posts