Spring Term 2024 Update


Hello! I wanted to share an update on my life and recent work at LBCC. Winter term wrapped up a few weeks ago and spring term just started. This term I’m taking Feature Writing, where I’ll get experience with writing columns, opinion pieces, and reviews. I’ve had the opportunity to write some articles for The Commuter these past few months and it’s been a great experience. I look forward to working with The Commuter again this term!

My major is still Journalism and I decided to take Feature Writing because there were some aspects of News Reporting that I really enjoyed last term. However, I’m not a huge fan of the factual and rigid writing style of news articles, so I’m hoping I’ll enjoy Feature Writing more because I can include more of my own voice and creativity.


Three goals I have for this term are to learn how to write a convincing review, to take clear and concise notes, and to improve in creating headlines and leads that will grab readers’ attention and make them want to continue reading.

Stay tuned for my first feature writing story which should be out next week!



Comments

Popular Posts